Founded in 1954 by the Franciscan Sisters of Baltimore
In September of 1954, Christ The King School, staffed by Franciscan sisters of Mill Hill, opened with 471 students in kindergarten through fourth grade. The school was staffed by six Sisters and five lay teachers.
An upper story was added in 1957 to the new wing of the school extending education to the eighth grade. The first eighth grade class graduated in 1959.
June 1960, the first graduating class and members of the PTA place a statue of Christ the King on the grounds in honor of Sister Austin, the schools' first principal.
At the end of 1990, CTK principal, Sister Claire Parenteau, returns to the Mother House in Baltimore. This is the first time that CTK has no Sisters.
Christ the King Catholic School educates students in the Catholic tradition in spirit, heart, mind, and body in an academically competitive learning environment to be contributing members of their church and society.
The vision of Christ the King Catholic School is to graduate caring, academically competitive students committed to growing in faith, knowledge, and stewardship.